One of the most difficult tasks when cleaning your car is to keep your windows looking nice and clean. If you aren’t meticulous about cleaning your windows, you can wind up with smears, swirls, and other forms of residue.
To get your windows sparkling clean, you may want to pay attention to some of the window cleaning facts and tips in this article.
Facts you should know
Some of the glass cleaners out there have dangerous chemicals like ammonia, which can cause a number of complications for your car. First of all, ammonia causes materials such as rubber, vinyl, plastic, and leather to dry out.
If you use ammonia-based glass cleaners, avoid getting it on these materials. Tinted windows should not be treated with ammonia, or else it may cause melting, bubbling, or other problems. You may want to use ammonia-free cleaners just to be sure.
Things to remember when glass cleaning
Aside from the facts above, it’s also important to remember some of these tips:
- Avoid cleaning your auto glass in the sunshine or in a hot area that may cause the cleaner to evaporate fast.
- Make sure that you are done with all other detailing jobs before you do the windows, otherwise you may cause unnecessary contamination to your newly cleaned windows.
- Start with your windows rolled down so you can clean the top of the window, then once done, you can roll up your windows to finish off the job.
- Be meticulous about cleaning your front and rear windshields, because these are two of the most important glass surfaces on your car.
- If you don’t get your windows cleaned right the first time, don’t hesitate to go over them again to get them squeaky clean.